Help configuring MRTG

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Wed Aug 28 22:39:42 IST 2002

I don't copy my maillog  I just point to /var/log

I also commented the suppression of the daily graph(s)

#Suppress[mail]: d

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Brian Chivers
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 4:29 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Help configuring MRTG

I've tried to configure MRTG to monitor traffic but I'm running into some
problems.

First , am I correct in think that the script sendmail.logs.pl needs the
log file (maillog) copied from /var/log to another location.

Secondly when I run sendmail.logs.pl mail I get the following result

1367
0
Not Applicable
TPC Mail Servers

but when I run MRTG I dont get anything just this under the weekly graph
Max  messages: 0.0 Messages (0.0%)   Average  messages: 0.0 Messages
(0.0%)   Current  messages: 0.0 Messages (0.0%)

What am I doing wrong, what should I check

Thanks in advance
Brian