Feature suggestion

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Aug 28 10:16:43 IST 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:47:43 +0200, you wrote:

>> How about a header called something like
>> Can this be used in a filter in Outlook, Netscape, etc?
>>
>> This effectively needs "header contains" or "header starts with"
>> capabilities. Eudora has working "contains" filtering, how about the others?

Outlook (not express) can filter on "internet headers" as Microsoft
calls them. Outlook Express can filter on the "standaard headers" (To:,
Subject:, From:).

>With netscape you can't count (as my knowledge) inside an header, but
>can check an header contains or start, so what about a simply

You can check for header contains "***************" if you want to do
something when the Score is over 15. And check for header contains
"*****" to do something different when the score is over 5. (keep the
order in mind)

>different tag definition in mailscanner.conf for an high score ? It's
>more cleaner in the raw message, rather than a row of "*" (in my
>opinion obviously...).
>So the mailscanner administrator can choose it's own form of telling to
>the users that the email is really a spam.

With stars you can have the user decide on its own which score his
filters should act on.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,