Sys::Syslog Bug Report

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 23 22:41:14 IST 2002

Well spotted. I had misread the spec of the parameters to Sys::Syslog.

Attached are 2 files:
1. all_bin.patch.gz contains a single file of all the patches combined.
With something along the lines of
         cd /usr/local/MailScanner/bin
         gunzip all_bin.patch.gz
         patch -p0 < all_bin.patch
    you should be able to make it work (try with "-p" if "-p0" doesn't work).

2. separate_patches.tar.gz is a gzipped tar file of all the patches, with 1
patch per file. You will need to apply these patches one at a time, which
is obviously more work than method 1, but will work if your "patch" command
cannot work with multiple patches in one file.

I haven't had a chance to test these patches very thoroughly, so any
reports of success/failure would be useful.

I'll probably release a new version containing these patches at the start
of next week once I've done some more testing. But if you can try it out in
the mean time, I would be very grateful.