File layout

Peter Nitschke email at ace.net.au
Fri Aug 23 20:34:49 IST 2002

On 23/08/2002 at 8:12 PM Julian Field wrote:

>for
>> >
>> >Not particularly.

>> >different to what I am used to.
>> >
>> >Just 'cause that's the way I built it :-)
>>
>>Hehehe, who can argue with that?   Any chance of a change?
>
>I'll think about the layout before the new version appears. I've got a
>contact at RedHat who will hopefully give me some advice on that.

I just copied /usr/local/MailScanner/etc  to /etc/MailScanner, did a
search/replace in  mailscanner.conf to reflect the changes, then edited
check_mailscanner.linux to use the new mailscanner.conf

I also changed the Pid file to /var/run/virus.pid

>What's wrong with
>find /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine -type f -mtime +7 -exec /bin/rm -f
>{} \;
>
>I would (vainly) hope that most mail sysadmins can do that... :-)

I saw something similar and got it happening, except it leaves the empty
daily dirs in place.  Apart from that, I don't have any other need to work
something out like that myself :-\

>>Have 3 thresholds to mark as spam, store or delete, can't think of any
>>other options that would be useful.
>
>I was thinking of having n thresholds, but I can't figure out quite how.
>Having 'high' and 'very high' thresholds will be a lot better than nothing
>and should be do-able.

Much appreciated :-)

Peter