Scan Only, Not Clean

Jonas Bardino jones at IMADA.SDU.DK
Fri Aug 23 12:08:21 IST 2002

* Eddie Javier <eljl at I-SNAPINTERNET.COM> [Aug 23. 2002 04:18]:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to configure mailscanner in order for it to Scan only and not
> Clean? This would greatly improve the time it takes to process a message.
>
> Best regards,
> -eljl

Hi Eddie
I don't know if there's an easy way to do that, but I suppose you could turn it off in sweep.pl (on a standard Debian system it can be found in /usr/share/mailscanner/).

Locate the section containing options for your particular virusscanner in the part beginning with
"my %Scanners = (
  sophos => {"

and change the line:

    SupportDisinfect    => [something]

    SupportDisinfect    => $S_NONE

I haven't tested it, but from the rest of the code it appears that a message will then be logged instead of cleaning anything.

(I'm sure Julian will correct me if I'm wrong :-)

Best regards
-Jonas