Can i move Sendmail store folder to Home partition?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Aug 22 05:30:53 IST 2002

making /var/spool/mail a link is a doable option, but probably sub-optimal.
Offhand it makes me a bit nervous as far as inheriting mount permissions of
the /home partition, and being re-linkable, but I'm a bit of a paranoid
type and haven't had the chance to think about it deeply.

If possible I'd make /var/spool/ its own filesystem (and partition) and
quota that. If your fstab supports it, it would also be a good chance to
mount it noexec, nosuid,nodev. (minor security bonus since nothings likely
to exec there anyway, but it's not like anything ever needs to be
executable or a special device there so why allow it?)