glad to have used MailScanner

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Aug 21 09:36:33 IST 2002

A new record!

Yesterday some student was awarded with appr. 125.000 messages in his
inbox telling him his system was infected. Because it was the
screensaver virus they really came from him.

His system nicely load balanced our two servers with his load of
virusses. Of the 133.833 recipients our mailservers had to process
128.470 where infected. During the "attacks" mqueue.in reached a total
of 3000 messages (on each server) but they were processed by MailScanner
within 20 minutes.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,