Logging question

Brett Geer brett at BRABYS.CO.ZA
Tue Aug 13 07:27:02 IST 2002

One solution is to set the 'archive mail' and periodically spin thru the
archive directory and shove it into a database.

I've got some code that'll do that for Postgresql if you like. diagnostics I
don't look for but you could get that from the header. Attachments and so
forth you'd have to decode the df file and look at it. Wouldn't take
too long to port to MySQL

works nicely but it gets big fast.

Anyone from SA here? Can't see any details in the new ECT legislation about
archiving mail transmissions aside from vague remarks from SARS about
treating them like documents. Anyone know anything?

brett