Logging question

Lewis Bergman lbergman at abi.tconline.net
Mon Aug 12 21:19:41 IST 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 02:50 pm, Julian Field wrote:
> At 19:58 12/08/2002, you wrote:
> >I use a universal sendmail server running Mailscanner to filter mail for
> >multiple businesses.  Is there any way to provide statistical information
> > on the processing that Mailscanner makes?
> >
> >I would like to be able to give each client a report on their mail
> > activity.
>
> This is not currently provided by MailScanner, but by analysing your
> sendmail logs you should be able to work out what you need.
>
> As a more general question, what statistical logging would people like
> MailScanner to produce?
I would love to be able to produce stats on:
Total number of mail
        total virus's detected
                list top 5 and number
        total spam
                total spam ACTION (deleted, store, forward)
                list top 5 rule's scored
        total rejected via DNS
                list of top 3 and number

And of course, it would be really nifty to be able to graph all that by mrtg.
Glad I don't ask for much ;)

--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications