Quarantine

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Mon Aug 12 11:46:26 IST 2002

On 12 Aug 02, at 11:40, Julian Field wrote:

> At 11:26 12/08/2002, you wrote:
> >My gut feeling is to delete virus infected files however files rejected
> >because the filename rules, and are clean, could be treated differently
> >as they can be renamed to something 'safe' before passing on to the
> >intended recipient.
>
> How might the "safe renaming" happen? We need a general rule that can be
> applied to any "dangerous" filename.
Sorry Julian
 I meant that the renaming could be done manually after a request
from a recipient.

 -- Julian Field
> Teaching Systems Manager jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics
> & Computer Science Tel. 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
>                              Southampton SO17 1BJ

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk