Quarantine

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Mon Aug 12 11:26:37 IST 2002

Hello List Members,

We have been using mailscanner & Sophos for just over a year and
we are very pleased with it.

A couple or so questions
We have been saving rejected messages in the quarantine
directory and have been asked to retrieve only a couple since
MailScanner was set up.
Generally do users find that they use the quarantined files?
My gut feeling is to delete virus infected files however files rejected
because the filename rules, and are clean, could be treated
differently as they can be renamed to something 'safe' before
passing on to the intended recipient.
Is It possible the current version? Would this be useful on future
releases?
Mine would be a yes vote.

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk