Question about spamassasin

Christopher Hicks chicks at CHICKS.NET
Thu Aug 8 18:31:31 IST 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Julian Field wrote:
> If you think your Perl may get upgraded (against your wishes) by the
> SpamAssassin install, then do that first.
>
> Using CPAN I stop it by thumping Ctrl-C *once* when it starts trying to do
> the autoconfiguration stuff for new version of Perl.

Many, many people have had this problem.  If you start CPAN and
immediately upgrade just the CPAN module itself (not Bundle::CPAN or
anything else)  to the latest and greatest before you go about upgrading
the rest of the world willy-nilly then the latest CPAN will recognize that
it doesn't want to upgrade your perl on you.  I've had to do this on a few
dozen mostly RH Linux machines running perl 5.6 and 5.6.1 and it has made
my life much easier.  A deeper discussion can be found at:

        http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=97806

--
</chris>

"The first rule of Perl club is you do not talk about Perl club."
-- Chip Salzenberg