Logging Problems

Michael Dahlberg dahlberg at bucknell.edu
Thu Aug 8 14:44:05 IST 2002

Yes.. that's the -t switch.  From the Solaris 8 syslogd man page:
        -t    Disable the syslogd UPD port to turn  off  logging  of
               remote messages.
Unfortunately, the syslog daemon that starts from /etc/init.d
does not start with the -t option.  Therefore that's not the
problem.

Mike

Michael Dahlberg
Systems Integrator