How do I get MailScanner to pass Spamassassin Headers through ?

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at 1DLA.COM
Thu Aug 8 11:28:22 IST 2002

        Apparently I had the always include Spamassassin header option
turned on.

        I can probably live with filtering based on the presence or
absence of the X-Mailscanner-spamcheck: header.

        Modifying the subject is a non-starter. I guess there are places
in the world that do so, not only do my users get POed if the easily
visible parts of an e-mail get modified, but pretty much all e-mail
users I know get ticked if you modify their messages. Headers that they
do not ordinarily see do not count, but any of the fields that are
ordinarily visible or the body of the message are out of bounds. I
nearly had a revolt when we first installed Spamassassin. I am not sure
whether the report was in the body, or the subject line or possible some
of both, but no one was happy.

        In my dream world I still think I would like to see the
Spamassassin report headers optionally left in the message if that is
the way I choose to setup MailScanner.

        Thank You, at least I have a workable answer.