User Unknown

David Norman davidnorman at NTLWORLD.COM
Wed Aug 7 16:47:50 IST 2002

Hello

I have just installed a Red Hat Linux 7.3 system running Mailscanner.

The system will be acting at as a mail gateway scanning mail and forwarding onto an internal lan mail server.

I have made use of the /etc/mail/mailertable file to forward
on scanned mail to the appropriate lan mail server.

I have added appropriate domain into /etc/mail/relay-domains

When inbound mail for the domain comes in sendmail is bouncing the mail with 550 User Unknown

I have test machine running under the same conditions on test network which is working fine.

I am racking my brains as to what I have missed out. Can anybody give me a few pointers as to what I have forgotten ?

Thanks

David