which webmail

Matt Doherty Matthew_doherty at DATAWATCH.COM
Wed Aug 7 14:34:17 IST 2002

Avoid all. They all stink
I have had lots of experience with squirrel mail, neomail and Joydesk. They
all have their quirks. Neomail was my favorite out of the 3, but still
stinks. Squirrel was great but real slow. Joydesk has a message board,
calendar and Outlook synchronizing feature, a feature rich webmail app that
uses interbase instead of MYSQL which is really sad.. Microsoft Outlook
tends to mess things up if you have clients sending and receiving with
Outlook with any one of those webmail apps I just mentioned. (hint,
Microsoft RichTextFormat = winmail.dat attachments with blank emails) So, it
would be a great idea to ask everyone not to use Microsoft Outlook with
webmail or with anything in that matter. depends on what mode outlook was
installed in. Internet only or exchange. It is fixable and there are
workarounds, but its not worth the sweat and time to play help desk over a
Outlook issue. Confusing as hell
My company and I are removing our web based mail because its just not
perfect enough to satisfy everyone. Currently Joydesk from
www.virtualtek.com ..  Qpopper, sendmail with mailscanner and spamassassin,
in my opinion, is the best stable way to go for now. I cannot seem to find
any other webmail better than any of those 3 I mentioned above. And the
author of Neomail himself says webmail sucks. heheee
Matt Doherty
IT Dept
Datawatch Corp