Cosmetic problems not fixed

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Aug 5 21:35:57 IST 2002

Julian,

Thanks!  It worked after restarting MailScanner (didn't think I would
have to).

Now, could this be configurable with some mailscanner.conf directive?
I'm sure people who translated the messages in different languages would
also like to get rid of this text.

Also: the path is still partially shown in the $report variable.  To get
rid of it I had to modify sweep.pl around line 564:
  # McAfee prints the whole path as opposed to
  # ./messages/part so make it the same
  $lastline =~ s/$BaseDir//;

  my($mylastline) = ($lastline);
  $mylastline =~ s-^.*/--;
  # make an equivalent report line from the last 2
  #$report = "$lastline$currentline";
  $report = "$mylastline$currentline";

Now the report looks like (which is what I believed the "Hide Incoming
Work Dir = yes" would have done):
Résultats de l'antivirus:
   Research.com        Found the W32/Magistr.b at MM virus !!!
   Les fichiers «.COM» sont trop souvent infectés par des virus

The only thing left to do: translate the messages from McAfee... 8-(

Denis

--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.