mailscanner stops after a while, why?

Thomas Hanson klon at NYBRO.DK
Tue Apr 30 10:54:08 IST 2002

After a while mailscanner stops scanning mails yet the service is still
running.
If I stop it manually I get this message:
[root admin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailscanner stop
Shutting down MailScanner: ERROR!sendmail okERROR!
[root admin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailscanner start
Starting MailScanner:

What do the 2 errors mean?
An immediate restart afterwards gives this result :
[root admin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailscanner restart
Shutting down MailScanner: ERROR!sendmail oksendmail ok
Starting MailScanner:
[root admin]#

So I wonder what the errors mean.
I use sophos as my antivirus program. I am using a SUN Cobalt Qube 3 with OS
6.4

Thanks
Thomas Hanson

--
This message has been scanned for viruses
and is believed to be clean.