Major Sophos update

andy wright andy.wright at BARDSEY.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Apr 26 11:06:34 IST 2002

ok, I already have a similar thing working on several Novell servers (I had to write my own equivalent of Wget!). This works fine, but it looks as if the files for Novell are in a diferent location to the Linux ones.

Andy.

>>> Metod.Skufca at ADVANT.SI 26/04/2002 10:42:00 >>>
wget does everything right, but sophos site is a little tricky.
wget does not download requested file becuse sophos have enabled redirection of web page to www.sophos.com/downloads and wget then downloads present *.html page in size of 23k, not the file linux.intel.lib6.tar.Z.
There must bi some kind of bypass to get to the file with submiting username and pass. I'm currently expecting reply from sophos tech support.

Till then I'm stuck.

by
 Metod Skufca

>>> andy wright <andy.wright at BARDSEY.DEMON.CO.UK> 26.4.2002 11:19:46 >>>
I have tried this using WGET (the on-line help will tell you how to pass username and passwords), but without success. Downloading the tar'd Linux file stops at about 23k rather than the 1MB or so mark.

Anyone else had any more luck?

Andy.

>>> Metod.Skufca at ADVANT.SI 26/04/2002 05:49:11 >>>
Hi,

Running Mailscanner for quite a while, very pleased. :-))
Now I'm wondering...
IDE autoupdate is working fine, but I'm looking for complete automated updates.
Does anyone have a effective script for downloading major sophos update file.
Something just to change username and pass.

Thanx in advance

Metod Skufca

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.