Lame question?

Daryl S. Ehrenheim ehren at PICKERING.COM
Wed Apr 17 21:06:12 IST 2002

I would like to setup mailscanner on our email server and from the
online documentation it says to change the following from:

sendmail -bd -q15m

sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/pathto/sendmail/mqueue.in
sendmail -q15m

and the lame question that I have is that my startup script looks like
the following and so how should I insert the additional line:

/bin/su root -c "/path/to/sendmail -bd -q1h" 2> /dev/null

This is on an SCO Openserver 5.0.5a machine. I am not too familiar with
scripting yet, however this is in the middle of an If, then, else loop.
Can I just alter it to look like the following:

/bin/su root -c "/path/to/sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/pathto/sendmail/mqueue.in"
/bin/su root -c "/path/to/sendmail -q1h" 2> /dev/null

This server is being used for company email in and out only. Not a large
email service provider. However, I do not wnat to make changes that are
goig to mess up the email delivery in and out of here so I wanted to
make sure that I was doing this correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daryl S. Ehrenheim
Pickering Inc.