SpamAssassin Version issue

Thomas Zajic thomas.zajic at NEO.AT
Thu Apr 11 10:11:26 IST 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 12:14:51PM -0500, Michael Bush wrote:

> Yes, I have install 2.11.  I just downloaded and reinstalled it again. I
> got the same message below:
>
> Starting MailScanner: FATAL: Newer Mail::SpamAssassin module needed:
> Mail::SpamAssassin is only 2.01-- 2.1 required at
> /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/logger.pl line 60.
>
> How do I get the older version off my system?

What does 'locate .packlist | grep SpamAssassin' show on your system?

| [root at gateway2]:~/tmp# locate .packlist | grep SpamAssassin
| /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin/.packlist

This should show you where the two different versions are installed.

On a side note, Perl usually takes care about different versions of the
same module automagically (it simply uses the newer one, AFAIK). You'll
just have to take care that Perl is able to find manually installed modules
at runtime - on my system, I had to add the following line to the MailScanner
startup script:

| [root at gateway2]:~# grep profile.d /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner
| . /etc/profile.d/perl5.sh

This sources the /etc/profile.d/perl5.sh script, which in turn sets up the
proper environment for Perl:

| [root at gateway2]:~# cat /etc/profile.d/perl5.sh
| #!/bin/sh
|
| export PERL5LIB=/usr/local/lib/perl5:/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
| export PERLLIB="$PERL5LIB"

HTH,
Thomas
--