Turn off Mailscanner ordb.org check with SpamAssassin?

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Sat Apr 6 23:47:34 IST 2002

On 06 April 2002 17:15 -0500 "Rose, Bobby" <brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU> wrote:

> I disabled ordb in both SA and Mailscanner since I have Sendmail
> checking ordb and rejecting open-relays.

The only problem with this is that sendmail only checks the IP address
of the connecting MTA so if the spam gets sent via one of your
lower-priority MX hosts there's not much you can do about it.

I used to let sendmail handle it but now let SpamAssassin do the
checking exclusively.

Mike
--
Mike Zanker