Red Hat 7.2

Van Lowe, John A Jvanlowe at EMS.JSC.NASA.GOV
Fri Oct 26 08:03:01 IST 2001

The servers that I mentioned are running with the "ext3 Journaling File
System" as Redhat calls it. This along with the latest 2.4.7 kernel, gcc
2.96, and glibc 2.2.4. For mission critical systems it may be wise to hold
out on this configuration though (not sure how stable it would be if given
multiple process intensive tasks). Hope this helps!

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Farrell [mailto:sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 1:03 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Red Hat 7.2

Sound great !!

do you know if you are using ext3 file system, or ext2 ??

regards
Scott Farrell

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - the people that make eBusiness happen.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high impact
consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers.

0412 927 156,   02 9411 3622  mailto:sfarrell at icconsulting.com.au

                    "Van Lowe, John A"
                    <Jvanlowe at EMS.JSC.        To:
MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    NASA.GOV>                 cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: Red Hat 7.2
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCM
                    AIL.AC.UK>

                    26/10/01 02:12 PM
                    Please respond to
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list

I've purchased four dell poweredge servers all of which came factory
installed with Redhat 7.2 sbe and the first third party software I applied
was the MailScanner. Each of the mail servers, which btw is the primary use
of the systems, handles nearly 1300 emails a day most of which have
attachments. The loads on the servers have been minimal. Each server has
two
800mhz CPU's and 512Mb of Ram. The CPU idle time was around 95%. The system
has been running nearly a week without any problems. Good luck!

- John Van Lowe
  jvanlowe at ems.jsc.nasa.gov
  MCC FC / JSC / NASA