Solaris 2.7 users & 1 new feature

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 17:05:08 IST 2001

One user has been having trouble with the timeouts not working under
Solaris 7 (they appear to work fine under Solaris 8). I have fixed this
problem and the fix will be included in the next release which I intend to
produce around the end of next week once I'm sure I don't want to add any
new features for a while.

The only new feature otherwise is the ability to trigger Sendmail to
deliver outgoing messages in the background, rather than waiting for the
sendmail processes to complete. This may improve the speed of response on
some mail servers (but it may cause trouble on others). It is off by
default, it is an option to try if you are having speed problems and are
getting a large backlog of mail on your MailScanner server.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ