Version 2.50 released
jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 20:37:54 IST 2001
I have just released version 2.50.
New features in this release include:
- Denial Of Service attacks handled using timeouts on the virus scanner
and the TNEF decoder, and a maximum size limit on TNEF attachments.
- Much better handling of unparsable TNEF attachments.
- Strict date-order processing of incoming mail queue.
- Ability to switch off virus scanning.
- Ability to switch off delivery of messages with viruses removed.
(Can be useful in big SirCam outbreaks)
- Creation of a "spam white list" containing email addresses and domains
that will not be marked as spam.
- Removal of /etc/sendmail.cf from Linux RPM distribution.
All downloadable from the website at
Any problems, give me a shout!
Before upgrading, be sure to save your /etc/sendmail.cf file and
MailScanner configuration files. Compare your old files with the new ones
to include the new features in your configuration.
Julian Field Teaching Systems Manager
jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
Tel. 023 8059 2817 University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ
More information about the MailScanner