Minimizing virus email in queue?

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Nov 28 18:26:37 GMT 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:05:12AM -0600, Tim Tyler wrote:

> if they can be delivered without sitting in queue.  I just don't like the
> message having to wait 5 days.  I also don't want to really change the 5 day
> setting as it is appropriate for noninfected email (in my opinion).  So an
> ideal solution would be one that tries to process it to the recipient and
> sender (if configured) and if it can't be delivered, it discards it instead

I can't see how this could be possible; you can configure mailscanner to
pass parameters to the mailer when it sends the message, but I don't know
of any mailer that's capable of taking command-line parameters to specify
how a message should be handled with regard to retries etc.; there is
nowhere for the mailer to store this information in the queue.

If you really really think about it, I suspect you'll find that it's not
the right thing to do anyway.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com