Double extensions

Michael Chaney mdchaney at MICHAELCHANEY.COM
Thu Dec 20 23:09:43 GMT 2001

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 04:40:13PM +0000, Julian Field wrote:
> At 14:19 20/12/2001, you wrote:
> >Would it make more sense to move the deny rules for the extensions that
> >we don't want to handle to the top of the file?  I guess the important
> >thing being that the
> >
> >(\.[a-z0-9]{3})\1$
> >rule must be before the
> >\.[a-z][a-z0-9]{2,3}\.[a-z0-9]{3}$
> >rule.
>
> I believe you are absolutely right. Never occurred to me...
> I will try to remember to fix this for the 3.00 release!

And while you're busy working on that, might want to cover this, too:
http://www.datafellows.com/v-descs/welyah.shtml

Basically, think of this file:

virus.txt                                         .pif

where the spaces between "txt" and ".pif" are part of the name.

There is no end.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney