debug of virus scanner conversation

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Tue Dec 18 09:55:35 GMT 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 09:11:09AM +1000, Scott Farrell wrote:

> how do I get a handle to STDERR, Julian suggested print "$_" which output
> the STDOUT from the commercial scanner. Am I on the right track?

I'd just:

print STDERR $line;

at the start of the ProcessInoculateOutput function.

And STDOUT should definitely be flushed before the open; I won't fix it yet,
as I'd prefer to know what's causing your problem first -- rather than the
problem just disappearing under a mass of small changes.

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Artistic ventures highlighted.  Rob a museum.