Please Help!

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 17 09:06:54 GMT 2001

At 17:16 16/12/2001, you wrote:
>ignoring text in character set `WINDOWS-1251'
>  at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/MIME/Parser/Filer.pm line 646
>Can't call method "parts" on an undefined value at
>/var/mailscanner/bin/explode.pl line 265.
>
>Mailscanner dies after this error, and no messages are delivered.

There is something in a message that MailScanner is objecting strongly to.
I would like to see what it is.

If you start MailScanner, wait for it to stop, then do a "ls -alutr
/var/spool/mqueue.in" it should list the messages sorted by access date,
with the most recently accessed message last. This is almost certainly the
one causing the problem. Move this message out (qf and df files) into a
temporary directory somewhere safe, then restart MailScanner.

At this point I advise upgrading your MIME-Tools modules to the latest
version, which you can get from www.zeegee.com. After that, try putting the
message back into mqueue.in and see if it will now deliver it.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ