debug of virus scanner conversation

Scott Farrell sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Sat Dec 15 14:31:28 GMT 2001

Thanks Jules ..... I used this instead, but thanks for your help, it
worked wonders ... now I have to wait until it fails again !!!!!:

Log::InfoLog("$_");

regards
Scott Farrell

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - the people that make eBusiness happen.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high
impact consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers.

0412 927 156,   02 9411 3622  mailto:sfarrell at icconsulting.com.au

Julian Field <jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
14/12/2001 07:10 PM
Please respond to MailScanner mailing list

        To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: debug of virus scanner conversation
At 03:19 14/12/2001, you wrote:
>I suspect there is some OS error, or error with InoculateIT, or error
>somewhere. I would dearly like to output the conversion between
mailscanner
>and the commercial virus program. Is this possible?

Take a look in sweep.pl, at the TryCommercial function. There's a loop in
there that starts "while(<KID>) {" for each supported virus scanner. If
you
find the one you are using for InoculateIT and do  a "print STDERR "$_"
just inside the top of the loop, it will dump to STDERR all the output
from
the virus scanner.

Hope that helps!
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ