relay to another mail server

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Dec 12 13:29:58 GMT 2001

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 01:21:28PM -0000, gcrothers wrote:
> How do I configure/is it possible to  relay all disinfected mail to another
> mail server on another machine?
>
> Can it be done on a domain by domain basis..
>
> I.E all disinfected mail for anyuser at domain1 gets redirected to domain1
> mailserver, and anyuser at domain2 gets directed domain2 mailserver

Well, assuming that you mean *only* disinfected mail, not including "normal"
mail, you may be able to hack something up by getting mailscanner-generated
messages routed differently to normal ones.

The following information may be helpful:

For all messages that are *generated* by mailscanner, the "Sendmail" command
defined in mailscanner.conf is used. The desired mail is piped to the command,
and envelope information pulled from the headers.

So you could do pretty much whatever you like with that. It's not used for
anything else, but that's the kind of thing that you'd *really* need to test
every time you upgrade ;)

For messages that mailscanner has dumped directly into a queue, the "Sendmail2"
setting is used. There's not much point changing that too much, as the message
is placed in the queue rather than piped to the command.

Messages that mailscanner *generates* include:
        warnings to postmaster
        warnings to sender
        disinfected attachments sent to original recipient

Messages that mailscanner munges and dumps directly into the queue include:
        clean messages (hardly even munged!)
        messages that were dirty but have had dirty bits replaced with warnings

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
That secret you've been guarding, isn't.