Goner-A problems - false alarm

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Mon Dec 10 15:19:41 GMT 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 03:02:28PM -0000, brandon pearson (BITS) wrote:

> I couldn't find any cronjobs running but we had our incoming queue set to
> queue_smtp_domains which we thought was pretty much the same as queue_only.
> However setting this back to queue_only appears to have stopped all the
> errors so I guess they are not the same.

queue_smtp_domains, if I recall correctly, will only prevent an *immediate*
delivery attempt. Whilst queue_only will work so long as you don't
explicitly tell exim to do a queue run, I'd recommend going further than
that, as documented in the new improved exim+mailscanner installation
instructions.

> Is this a conflict between mailscanner and exim because exim is still trying
> to do the routing on the mail while mailscanner is trying to scan it?

Not a conflict; they both co-operate quite happily (always assuming I
haven't written too many bugs into the locking ;), but if exim delivers
a message from the incoming queue, it obviously won't get virus-scanned.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.