MailScanner problems: No such file or directory at sweep.pl line 429

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Sun Dec 9 14:45:38 GMT 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 01:52:04PM -0000, Will Mc Donald wrote:
> Hi, I'm a newboy to mailscanner and I'm having some trouble getting it
> running on one of our mail servers. We're running on Solaris 2.5.1 running
> sendmail-8.8.5.

[shudder]

> cat: cannot open /var/spool/mqueue.in/dfNAA26896
> cat: cannot open /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/NAA26961.header
> cat: cannot open /var/spool/mqueue.in/dfNAA26961

Not sure why they might be off the top of my head.

> Commercial virus checker failed with real error: Can't run commercial
> disinfector: No such file or directory at
> /usr/local/mailscanner/bin/sweep.pl line 429.

Looks like your anti-virus product isn't installed where you told
mailscanner it is - check the "Sweep" setting in the mailscanner.conf.

> I'm wondering if the problem could be due to some of the settings in the
> config.pm. I know Julian mentions you shouldn't need to modify that but
> looking at the locations for
>
> $Config::QuarantineDir        = "$prefix/var/quarantine";
> $Config::SrcDir               = "$prefix/var/incoming";
>
> Those two directories need to be kept on the same partition as mqueue and
> mqueue.in yes?

Nope. Only the queue directories absolutely must be on the same partition.

> Oh, I'm also seeing loads of instances of mailscanner, is that right?

Nope. You probably need to modify the settings for the "ps" detection in
the check_mailscanner script.

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Today is the last day of your life so far.