Expanding Port Use

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Dec 9 13:33:51 GMT 2001

At 16:05 08/12/2001, you wrote:
>It appears that the default restart every four hours results in a new port
>connection by syslog without the previous connection being terminated:
>
>Suggestions on how to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Sounds like me forgetting to close the syslog before re-execing MailScanner
after the restart time. I'll fix it in the next version.

Fortunately 1 port every 4 hours isn't too critical to the maximum uptime
you can achieve. Say 60,000 free ports, should last you 60,000*4 hours > 27
years :-)

Well spotted though!
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ