Goner-A problems

hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Fri Dec 7 17:55:36 GMT 2001

Dear List members
I have added the rule for the .scr files (see below)
I have also stopped and restarted mailscanner but it seems to be
ignoring the rule, I tested it by sending myself an attachment called
goner.scr (a text file) and it passes through.
Testing the system by sending myself a filename with double
extentions is also getting through even though I  #ed the allow
commend and rebooted the mailscanner!

Any pointers.
Stopping mailscanner stops send mail as well doesn't it?

.

---snip--
> Not to mention that it was stopped by BOTH by virus scanner, and my
> explicit rules. I have added many rules based use usenet postings about
> known virus;.
>
> Here are some of the explicit rules I have:
>
> deny    \.dll$          Possible trojan horse           possible virus
> deny    \.scr$          Possible trojan horse           possible virus
> deny    \.exe$          Possible trojan horse           possible virus
> deny    \.asd$  possible virus          possible virus deny    \.chm$
---snip--
> Scott Farrell
--more snip--

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk