Human factors... --- Next version

Scott Farrell sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Sun Dec 9 10:32:53 GMT 2001

I'd like to help out on both the CA innoculateIT support, and support for
spamAssassin.

Let me know how I can help.

regards
Scott Farrell

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - the people that make eBusiness happen.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high
impact consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers.

0412 927 156,   02 9411 3622  mailto:sfarrell at icconsulting.com.au

Julian Field <jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
07/12/2001 10:17 PM
Please respond to MailScanner mailing list

        To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Human factors... --- Next version
At 18:23 05/12/2001, you wrote:
>Inline Text Warning = Warning: This message has had one or more viruses
>removed by the University of Strathclyde Email Scanning System.  Please
>read the "VirusWarning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.  Contact
>the IT Services Helpdesk on the usual number to check the authenticity of
>this message.

I have just implemented support for multi-line "Inline Text Warning" and
"Inline HTML Warning" messages.

>I would like to be able to configure the name of the attachment with the
>warning in it, however ...

Just implemented that, too.

Changes for the next version include:
         Support for Command (CSAV) virus scanner
         Support for Inoculate-IT virus scanner
         Changes to debug logging to quieten down syslog
         Support for using Sophos's built-in (but undocumented) TNEF
decoding to improve reliability of scanning TNEF attachments from MS
Outlook
         Multi-line inline message warnings
         Configurable "VirusWarning.txt" filename

Other changes planned include:
         Support for other virus scanners (if I can find them)
         Support for SpamAssassin spam detection
         Support for list of local domain names from which we will never
send cleaned up messages, just warn the sender instead. This saves face if
you are scanning outgoing mail and have an internal outbreak of a mail
worm
that got in via some non-MailScanner route.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ