Alternatives to Sophos

Scott Farrell sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Mon Dec 3 22:10:31 GMT 2001

I have written a demo for integrating to CA Antivirus - innoculateIT.

We found innoculateIT to have competitive pricing.

Julian is yet to  integrate it into the main code base, I can email
appropriate files if required.

regards
Scott Farrell

http://www.icconsulting.com.au
ic Consulting - the people that make eBusiness happen.
We offer e-business consulting and perform services. We deliver high
impact consulting, and fast turn around projects for our clients.
Ask us about Web Content Management,  Web Self Service, or working closer
with your customers or suppliers.

0412 927 156,   02 9411 3622  mailto:sfarrell at icconsulting.com.au

Stephen Lee <splee at PLEXIO.COM>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
01/12/2001 07:58 AM
Please respond to MailScanner mailing list

        To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        cc:
        Subject:        Alternatives to Sophos
Hi,

I am currently running Mailscanner 2.60-2 and the demo version of Sophos
on a Redhat7.1 - Sendmail 8.11.6. It works very well but the Sophos
license for 10 users is $600 USD. When converted to Canadian dollars,
that is very expensive for us. We only have 5-6 mail users so it's hard
to justify the cost especially when you consider that each desktop copy
of Norton AV is around $40. Are there alternatives to Sophos that work
with Mailscanner which might be more friendly on the pocket for small
businesses?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stephen