MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Stable version 4.58.9 released
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 16:38:50 CET 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I have just released the latest stable version of MailScanner, 4.58.9.
It is available for download directly from
The major changes for this release are:
- -- Added a new configuration setting to control whether senders are
notified about attachments are too big or too small.
- -- When using the Custom Function plugin system, you can now calculate a
ruleset from within your Custom Function. Very useful for large sites.
- -- Improvements to the accuracy of the SpamAssassin cache results.
- -- Startup scripts now make SpamAssassin run out of memory-based
temporary files where possible, to improve speed.
- -- Messages placed in multiple outgoing queues are now delivered
- -- Fixed problems with a few users seeing extra "disarmed" or "fraud"
tags appearing incorrectly.
Julian Field MEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
Need help customising MailScanner?
Need help fixing or optimising your systems?
Need help getting you started solving new requirements from your boss?
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP Desktop 9.5.3 (Build 5003)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
For all your IT requirements visit www.transtec.co.uk
More information about the MailScanner-Beta