Disinfection speed bogosity

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Mon Jul 24 23:59:32 UTC 2006

Julian,

I cranked in the change below.  Now I'm seeing a whole lot of:

Spam Checks completed at 1000000 bytes per second
MCP Checks completed at 1000000 bytes per second
Virus Processing completed at 1000000 bytes per second
Disinfection completed at 1000000 bytes per second

Not everything gives 1000000 for the "completed at" syslog statements,
but most of the syslog output does.  My setup is Solaris 10 (Sparc, 64 bit),
with sophos and clamavmodule.

I don't deliver cleaned messages, and I don't use MCP, so maybe I
should not be seeing the "MCP check completed" and "Disinfection completed"
timing syslogs at all -- they don't happen for me, right?

When I was looking at the code, I wondered about the differences
in logic in MessageBatch.pm between EndBatch (lines 102-108) and
StopTiming (lines 136-166).  The minimum cutoff for

$totaltime = 1 unless $totaltime > ???

is different for the two sections.  Is this really what you want?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College