Beta 4.55.8 -- please test!

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jul 24 20:17:29 UTC 2006

I'll think about it.
Not for this release though, I want to keep the code as stable as
possible in the last few days of this month.

On Mon24 Jul 06, at 21:04, Paul Edlund wrote:

> I made the changes for a user so the maximum score is 4 for that
> user. It
> seems to be working.
>
> Is there a way to have the Spam Subject Text output to reflect the
> user's
> custom maximum score? Instead of...
>
> {{Spam?} Spam Score = 11 Limit=5
>
> for that user, it would be...
>
> {{Spam?} Spam Score = 11 Limit=4
>
> But for everyone else who is at at max score of 5, the text would
> reflect a
> max score of 5 in the subject text?

>>> 1 Added "stopms" option to Linux init.d scripts.
>>> 1 Improved behaviour when %percentvars% at start of
>>> MailScanner.conf have not
>>>   been configured at all. It now uses the fully-qualified hostname
>>> to guess
>>>   the domain name and website address. It used to refuse to run
>>> which was
>>>   very impolite.
>>> 1 Added Sys::Hostname::Long to list of required modules to
>>> implement the above.
>>> 2 Documentation rationalisation. Most up to date versions are all
>>> on the web.
>>> 3 Now output lock type in use with "--lint".
>>> 4 Improvement to Sophos.install for Sophos Version 5 so that email
>>> logging is
>>>   disabled.
>>> 4 Now use syslog "notice" priority instead of "info" when issuing
>>> messages
>>>   that are nearly warnings. This helps you drastically reduce the
>>> amount of
>>>   syslog output by just logging priorities greater than or equal
>>> to "notice".
>>> 5 Added a "Contact Us" web page instead of just a mailto: link.
>>> 6 Improved Help guidance in Contact Us web page.
>>> 6 New command-line option: "-c" or "--changed".
>>>   This will print out a table of all the configuration settings
>>> that have
>>>   been changed from the default values hard-coded into
>>> MailScanner. Note
>>>   this may not be quite the same as the differences from the
>>> supplied
>>>   default MailScanner.conf file.
>>> 6 Updated hard-coded defaults to better match MailScanner.conf
>>> settings.
>>> 6 Improved handling of broken Custom Functions. Having a broken
>>> Custom
>>>   Function will now just result in the setting's default value
>>> being used.
>>> 7 Bugfix for "--changed" printing when using Custom Functions.
>>> 8 Improved syslog-ing code so it doesn't matter is syslogd dies.
>>> 8 Upgraded DBD-SQLite to version 1.12 as it builds a lot more
>>> easily.
>>> 8 Improved handling of Postfix virtual users. Thanks to
>>> jpabuyer at tecnoera.com.
>>> * Fixes *
>>> 1 Put back in the checks of free disk space that were in 4.53.1
>>> but then lost.
>>> 1 Fix in check_MailScanner for MacOSX.
>>> 3 Default lock type for sendmail is now posix, as it should be.