MailScanner IMPORTANT FIX

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 10:49:29 GMT 2012

This is important news for all users of MailScanner and/or ScamNailer.

Due to a domain name expiring (yes, my fault, I know :-( ) the updates
for the known bad phishing sites will no longer be correct.

You can either
1a. Download and install the latest release of MailScanner from
www.mailscanner.info.
or
1b. Edit /usr/sbin/update_bad_phishing_sites (and
/usr/sbin/update_bad_phishing_emails if you have it too). Change
"www.mailscanner.tv" to "cdn.mailscanner.info".

2. After doing steps 1a or 1b above,
     rm -rf /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/phishingupdate
     /usr/sbin/update_bad_phishing_sites
(and run /usr/sbin/update_bad_phishing_emails if you have it too).

This will regenerate the correct cache, as it may have been corrupted by
the people who swiped my domain.

Sorry about all of this,

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner? Contact me!

Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011

believed to be clean.